Screenshots are a great way to bring an idea or some of your work into the physical world and have people see it. It’s like having something tangible that you can point at in order for others to understand what it was about, without them needing to click on various links.
They’re also helpful when trying out navigation through unfamiliar websites as they provide proof if one misclicked somewhere along the way because screenshots don’t lie!
Screenshot ability has been around since Windows became an Operating System. There are different methods on how you can take a screenshot on a Toshiba laptop. These include keyboard combinations, Microsoft paint, and snipping tool.
Method 1: Taking a Screenshot through Keyboard Combinations
If you want to take screenshots of the whole screen in your Toshiba laptop, use these keyboard shortcuts:
- Open up your desired application and open a window that contains what it is you are trying to save or screenshot.
- Press the Windows logo key and PrtSc at the same time to take a screenshot of your current screen.
- If your keyboard lacks these buttons, try pressing FN + Windows logo key + End or Fn (Prtsc).
- Go into C:\Users\username\Pictures to open the Screenshots directory.
Method 2: Taking a Screenshot through Microsoft Paint
Paint is a basic feature of Windows that may come in handy during screen capture. Here’s how to capture your desktop with Microsoft Paint:
- Click on the desktop search bar and type Paint to open your default version of MS-Paint.
- To take a screenshot on your Toshiba laptop, open the window you want to capture in full screen and press PrtSc (or End) key. The screenshot is saved automatically into the clipboard.
- Press the Ctrl + V keys on your keyboard to paste an image into Paint.
- You can resize or crop the screenshot. Click Resize to adjust its size, and click Crop if you want to change how it looks in your document.
- After editing, you can save your screenshots by clicking File > Save and choosing a location.
Method 3: Taking a Screenshot through the Snipping Tool
Snipping Tool is a screenshot utility that you can use to take screenshots of your desktop or an individual application. To take a screenshot, do the following:
- Open your desktop’s search box by pressing Ctrl + F, then type in “Sniping Tool.” Click on its icon when you see it appear under Programs or Applications.
- Click New on Snipping Tool panel.
- As you click and drag your mouse across the region, a green box will gradually fill in on your screen. Once it is full enough for what you want to capture, then release the button.
- Click save snip to save the screenshot.
- Choose the location to save your screenshots.
Screenshots help you can carry the full experience of a thing, be it a website or a program that’s taking forever to load. It saves time and effort by providing a quick at-a-glance understanding of what is going on. You will also find how helpful they are when trying to explain some things in your personal life as well as in your academic life.
The first method is the most basic way, and can be done by used by anyone who has a Toshiba laptop. The second and third methods require you to have access to Microsoft Paint or other programs that could make it easier for you to edit your screenshots.