Gaming laptops are one of the best investments you can make but they don’t last forever. A typical gaming laptop will last around 4-5 years before the battery life starts to decline. Battery life declines can be caused by using certain programs and not recharging the battery or even just playing games too much.
Without proper upkeep there is no way one could expect their computer system’s hardware to stay functional without wearing down completely after prolonged use; especially in this day where visually stunning video games are constantly being developed which require increasingly powerful processors and graphics card capabilities.
What is a gaming laptop?
Gaming laptops are the ultimate dream for those who love to game. With this powerful device, you’ll be able to play all of your favorite games with ease!
Gaming laptops are laptops designed with a specific focus on high-end video games. They come equipped with high-speed processors and powerful graphics cards that will make everything feel realistic than what you would find on the average laptop.
Functional life expectancy
A new gaming laptop will keep up its gaming performance for roughly 2 years, while there is no fear of the hardware going obsolete in less than 5.
Physically though, a well-maintained laptop can last upwards of 10 years, but with technology advancing so much over that ten-year span it won’t be powerful enough to run any titles or games released that far into the future.
Getting more life out of your gaming laptop
While it might be tough to spend money on a new laptop, there are many ways you can do to extend the life span of your current gaming laptop. A few of these steps include:
- Keeping the laptop cool and dry, if you want to prevent wear on the keyboard or screen.
- Not running each program at once, using task manager to close out programs that are not being used. Also goes for games as well by minimizing anything in the background before launching what
- Always doing a clean-up of your hard drive and memory to get rid of any unnecessary files that could be using up space.
- Don’t blow on the hardware (this can damage components), nor use liquid or aerosol cleaners.
- Backing up your files and considering installing an automated laptop maintenance tool
All of these will help keep your laptop running smoothly without any crashes or problems. It is also good practice to install a backup solution for all of those pictures, videos, and other documents you’ve worked hard on!
When to replace your gaming laptop
There are several ways to tell that your gaming laptop is needing a replacement. These includes:
1. Various crashes or glitches
2. The operating system takes much longer to boot up than it used to, and file transfers are much slower
3. Transitions between tabs or applications bring long pauses with a blue screen of death crash every now and then
4. Bright white flickers come every once a while without warning
5. It is recommended that your memory should not be higher than 1/3 of total capacity, so if you are running out of space on your laptop then it’s time for an upgrade.
Gaming laptops are an investment and one that will last a long time. Gamers of all levels will enjoy the benefits of owning one for years to come. With proper care and maintenance, a well-maintained gaming laptop can stand the test of time.
If you’re in the market for a new one though, there are plenty of options out there to suit any budget and need. With so many great features available on newer models, upgrading is more than worth it!